Organizing financial life is essential for several reasons. You can keep track of your spending and avoid falling into debt. You can set aside your money for the right goals, allowing you to buy that dream-like apartment or make the trip you’ve always wanted.
The list is huge. And the benefits, infinite. But you have to make the right choices to apply that organization in the best possible way.
One of the key factors to think about is where and how to invest your money. In this case, the options are many, and sometimes people get a little lost.
The choice of about 80% of the Brazilian population is the savings account. Since saving money under the mattress has become a thing of the past, it is in it that many people have found a way to make those savings stand still.
In this article, Polonius will show you how to create your savings account in 5 different banks, what bureaucracies are and why it is important for you to save your hard-earned money.
Why make a savings account
No one likes to have bad surprises in the future. But they do. Therefore, saving your money periodically in the savings account is a way to have a reserve fund for emergencies.
It is an option, too, for anyone who wants to invest money. Although the gains are not as significant as the vast majority of modes, the savings account is still worth more than leaving your values at home or standing in a checking account.
Many people find it difficult to save money. Some priorities always come first. If you are one of them, the Pocket Guide teaches a very cool technique that will help you: Rule 50, 15, 53 .
How To Choose a Bank
This is a very personal choice. Because? Basically, bank savings accounts are the same. There are no membership fees or administrative fees and the income is the same.
You need to think about some factors that are essential to you, such as quality care, and whether the location and number of agencies serve you. Here , we you to choose the best bank to open your savings account.
What is the profitability
The savings account income is low. But the fact that it is a risk-free investment and does not have any fees that burden the operation, it is still a good option for many people.
1. Return of 6% per year: deposits made until May 4, 2012 and after August 28, 2013, monthly interest is 0.5% per month plus Referential Rate
2. Applications made between May 4, 2012 and August 28, 2013, the profitability is 70% of Selic + TR.
New rules for savings have been introduced since 4 May 2012. Whenever the basic interest rate becomes less than or equal to 8.5%, the conditions of item 2 are that they will be valid. When the Selic is above this percentage, as it is today, the rule described in item 1 is valid.
Read more: How to know the savings income?
How to open a savings account
In all banks, the process for opening a savings account is very simple. You need to submit few documents and there is almost no bureaucracy to start saving your money.
1. BANCO DO BRASIL
Banco do Brasil offers daily liquidity, income tax exemption and two types of savings account:
- Gold Savings : opens automatically with the first application. The day of filing is identified as day-basis. Each time you make a new deposit on a different date, a new base day is created. These dates are reference for the monthly remuneration of the investment. Deposits made on days 29, 30 and 31, will be based on day 1.
- Savings Gold Salary : to make your salary yield, simply authorize that the claims credits be made directly into the savings account. Another option is to allow the automatic application of the available balance in your checking account during the month.
To open a savings account in BB, simply look for the agency nearest you, with the following documents:
- Identity document
- Proof of address
- Proof of income (if you are employed)
In Bradesco, any proposed savings account opening is subject to approval. They have only one modality with these conditions:
- Exemption from Income Tax and IOF
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Monthly income, according to law 12,703 of August 7, 2012
- Protection of the Credit Guarantor Fund for amounts up to R $ 250,000 per CPF and per bank
To open a savings account with Bradesco, you need to go to the nearest branch, with the following documents:
- Identification document: Identity Card, driver’s license, military identity card, RNE (if foreign), work permit, registration card in class entities
- Proof of address: consumer account – except mobile account
3. FEDERAL ECONOMIC BOX
Caixa also offers a savings account that can be integrated with your checking account.
With this, account holders can make applications and redemptions from the checking account, without having to open another account, besides allowing the movement in the Branches of Caixa, Autoatendimento, Internet Banking and cellular.
To open your account, present the documents at the nearest branch office:
- Copy and original of identity document with photo
- Proof of address
Santander offers the same benefits as other banks and only one type of account. To open your savings account, it’s simple:
- For account holders: make an application through the service channels
- For non-account holders: present CPF (copy and original), RG or Identity document (copy and original), proof of residence (copy and original) with a maximum of 90 days and proof of income
In addition to offering only one form of savings account, Itaú also suggests building a financial reserve equivalent to 3 months’ salary, applied to easy-to-rescue products such as Savings.